Welcome to my blog!!!
Hi, my name is Norfazrina Binti Jamain. I am studying at UiTM Bertam Campus and being undergraduate in Diploma in Pharmacy. I live in Gua Musang, Kelantan with my mother, an older sister and a younger sister. I have five siblings. That is an older sister, two older brothers and a younger sister. Actually, this is my first time come to Pulau Pinang. So, i’m so excited to study here!!!
I want to share about my study skills during the interim for portfolio in UiTM Bertam Campus. Portfolio is about introduce UED 102 and soft skills for the students.
This is my group’s video for UED 102 Project. 😊
Let me show you,
The Timetable Interim Session July-August 2019.
- CHAPTER 1,2,3: STUDY SKILLS
- CHAPTER 4: TIME MANAGEMENT
- CHAPTER 5: MEMORY, IMPROVING, CONCENTRATION AND READING SYSTEM
- CHAPTER 6: TAKING LECTURE NOTES
- CHAPTER 7: ACADEMIC INTEGRITY AND PERFORMANCE
When we start our college life, the one we should remember is, we need to independent and matured in every thing. We should take care of ourself because we don’t have a parents like our high school life to look of us. The one who take care of your food, your condition, your rest and anything else. Not our parents anymore. But us, ourself. Ourself who are need to take care of us. Is it really important to us to find a good friends to avoid something negative vibe from them. So, we need to clever to choose a right friends. Another the different of high school life and college life is:
🍭To prepare all students to be in optimal physical, behavioral and cognitive states for learning.
🍭To create learning environments that are calm, safe and comfortable.
🍭To support the physical and mental health and well being of all.
Based on my scoring inventory, my own style of learning is visual. This is because the visual make me can see with my own eyes. So, I will easily understand the topic that I study. By the way, any style of learning is not wrong. We’re have our own of learning, right?
8 Steps to Collage
🌂Attend all classes.
One of the best ways to be successful in collage is to attend all classes. Most of the test questions will come from the lectures.
🌂Become an active learner.
Just reading over it a couple of times. You need to write and recite the information to get it into long-term memory.
🌂Participate in class.
Set a goal to either ask or answer one question during each class. You’ll feel more a part of class and will become more actively involved in the learning process.
🌂Get to know your lectures.
Ask a question about the material or check on your progress in the course. You may feel more comfortable asking for help when you know your instructors.
🌂Form study groups with friends.
Study groups of about 3-4 people are known to be very effective.
🌂Stay up to date with your work.
Many new collage students have difficulty keeping up with all of the reading that assigned in class. The workload in collage just increases as the semester progresses. Never procrastinate!
🌂Be receptive to change.
Ask your lecturer or tutor for suggestion for different ways to learn. Even though the suggestion that their give you doesn’t like they’ll work, you must be willing to give them a chance.
🌂Work hard this semester.
If you want high grades, if you work slowly or if you’re taking difficult courses. You’ll need more time to do your work well.
What is goal getter?
Goal getter is a someone who really want to get what they are looking for.
Everyone need to have goal getter during their study. This is for make us more hyperactive to finish our assignments.
Link: Academic Calendar 2019
Identify Time Available for Study
🌸Step 1: Write in your fixed commitments
🌸Step 2: Identify available study blocks
🌸Step 3: Make copies if your schedule changes
🌸Step 4: Total your available study time
Identify Time Needed for Study (SLT)
👉Consider your credit load
👉Consider the difficulty level of your classes
👉Consider your grade goals
👉Learn how long it takes to do your assignments
👉Monitor your current study time
Learning Pyramid is really important to us. We need to follow this to get 100% of learning.
My total points is 3. So, I need to improve my memory strategies. The memory strategies can improve if we really focus during our study session. Repeat the word that we have to remember anytime and anything else.
I have a low score in scoring my concentration strategies. That means, I need some help to improve my concentration. That is an easy thing if we really trying to have more interesting feel at the subject that we’re learning
Based of this activity, my total points is 2. It’s mean I need some help in note taking. Taking note it doesn’t mean to have a beautiful note. But, a note that is very neat and arrange one is the student are looking for. The beautiful note is just to make some interested to their note.
HOW TO TAKE LECTURE NOTES
1. Complete notes before the day’s lecture.
2. Check for online course materials and lecture outlines.
3. Consider the pros and cons of trying notes during a lecture.
4. Sit near the front of the room.
5. Make sure you are well-stocked with note-taking supplies.
6. Label your paper with the date and topic of the lecture.
7. Consider formating options for your notes.
OPTIMIZING YOUR NOTE-TAKING
1. Remember to take notes instead of transcribing the lecture.
2. Listen carefully to the introduction of the lecture.
3. Copy down what is written on the board.
4. Learn to pick up on the lecture’s cues and clues.
5. Make up your own shorthand method.
6. Write legibly.
7. Leave space to work with later.
8. Pay attention at the end of the lecture.
9. Ask questions.
REVISITING YOUR NOTES
1. Review your notes as soon as possible.
2. Revise, don’t just re-write, your notes.
3. Highlight important parts of the lecture.
4. Get notes for missed classes.
TRYING THE CORNELL METHOD OF NOTE-TAKING
1. Divide your paper into three sections.
2. Write down the main ideas of the lecture.
3. Pose questions to yourself after the lecture.
4. Summarize the lecture notes at the bottom of the page.
How to calculate GPA and CGPA.